Ideal for the beach, pool or the bathroom
These eco-friendly, ethically produced beach towels are hand spun from 100% local Ethiopian cotton, using environmentally friendly dyes. The classic colours make these versatile towels useful at the beach, pool or in the bathroom.
- Available in: Natural/Lava and Natural/Navy.
- Size: 100 x 180cm
- Machine wash in cold water, tumble dry. Iron. Do not bleach.
Sabahar is an Ethiopian Company, who make towels, scarves and table linen. All products are entirely hand made in Ethiopia from natural fibres.
The organisation was established in 2004, to create respectful and ethical work opportunities for marginalised people.
The 3 core values are:
- Sustainability: Supporting and training artisans to apply ancient skills to modern, fresh designs, providing reliable income for families.
- Innovation: Weaving in an ancient craft in Ethiopia. Sabahar are adopting traditional technologies to new fibres and products.
- Caring for each other: Creating work opportunities, with an emphasis on employment for women. Sabahar employers earn about 250% more than the industry average.