These luxuriously absorbent Waffle Hand Towels are hand woven on a four-harness loom. This technique enables the weavers to make the three-dimensional waffle weave which gives an amazingly light texture and lovely cushioned feel. Pair them with the Waffle Weave Bath Towels and Waffle Weave Bath Mats
- 100% Ethiopian Cotton
- Hand-spun and hand-dyed
- Size: 50 x 80cm
- Machine wash in cold water, tumble dry. Iron. Do not bleach.
- Available in Pink, Blue, Grey
Sabahar is a premier weaving workshop in Ethiopia and are a member of the World Fair Trade Organisation.Their talented weavers make towels, scarves and table linen. All products are entirely hand made in Ethiopia from natural fibres.
The organisation was established in 2004, to create respectful and ethical work opportunities for marginalised people.
The 3 core values are:
- Sustainability: Supporting and training artisans to apply ancient skills to modern, fresh designs, providing reliable income for families.
- Innovation: Weaving in an ancient craft in Ethiopia. Sabahar are adopting traditional technologies to new fibres and products.
- Caring for each other: Creating work opportunities, with an emphasis on employment for women. Sabahar employers earn about 250% more than the industry average.