Perfect for your kitchen
Note: Gold currently out of stock. Available to pre-order. Delivery approx 8 weeks.
These eco-friendly tea towels are made from locally-sourced cotton.They are hemmed on all sides and slightly smaller than our hand towels. They have the label sewn in the middle for easy hanging.
- Available in 3 colours, Black, Gold and Lava
- Size: 42 x 65 cm
- Machine wash in cold water. Do not bleach. Tumble dry. Iron.
Sabahar is an Ethiopian Company, who make towels, scarves and table linen. All products are entirely hand made in Ethiopia from natural fibres.
The organisation was established in 2004, to create respectful and ethical work opportunities for marginalised people.
The 3 core values are:
- Sustainability: Supporting and training artisans to apply ancient skills to modern, fresh designs, providing reliable income for families.
- Innovation: Weaving in an ancient craft in Ethiopia. Sabahar are adopting traditional technologies to new fibres and products.
- Caring for each other: Creating work opportunities, with an emphasis on employment for women. Sabahar employers earn about 250% more than the industry average.